‘Tis the season for exercising your right to vote. Right now, you can cast a vote daily to help us win a $50,000 award.
Hunger Free Colorado has been selected as one of three nonprofit finalists nationwide for the Innovation in Philanthropy Award, presented by Bank of the West. The third annual Philanthropy Awards is Bank of the West’s way of supporting the nonprofit organizations that are important to communities—like Hunger Free Colorado!
As part of the award selection process, you can cast one vote per day between Oct. 19 and Oct. 31 for the charity of your choice on Facebook at www.GoWe.st/Philanthropy2012. (NOTE: Voting is not possible via mobile device due to a Facebook setting issue, but you can still vote daily—or as often as you can—via desktop or laptop.)
The nonprofit organization with the most votes will win the $50,000 Philanthropy Award. The laureate will be announced at an awards celebration on Nov. 13 in San Francisco.
WHY VOTE TO HELP END HUNGER
Did you know that Colorado has the fastest growing rate of childhood poverty in the nation? And that more than 815,000 Coloradans—adults and children—experienced food hardship in 2011?
Hunger Free Colorado, the state’s leading anti-hunger organization, is working to ensure that all Coloradans have sustainable access to nutritious, affordable food. We leverage the power of system change, policy change and social change to educate, advocate and mobilize Coloradans to take an active stance against hunger in their communities. Progress is being made, but there’s still more to be done.
The $50,000 grant could help some of our programs like:
- Child Nutrition Programs: We help increase access to food for children all year round. By working with and supporting schools, state agencies and community organizations, we strive to expand participation in the summer food program, school breakfast programs, afterschool meals and snacks programs, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).
- Food Assistance Program: We connect people—from families to seniors—throughout Colorado to needed food resources in their community from public health programs like SNAP and charitable food.
- Hunger Free Hotline: As part of our food assistance program, we offer a toll-free, bilingual number that functions as a fast-track through the complicated system of federal nutrition programs and charitable food distribution.
- No Kid Hungry Colorado: The statewide, public-private partnership of Hunger Free Colorado, Share Our Strength and the Office of Governor John Hickenlooper established a comprehensive plan to end childhood hunger by 2015. This Campaign is being implemented through advocacy, outreach and strategic partnerships to ensure that children have access to food where they live, learn, play and pray.
HUNGRY FOR CHANGE?
YOU CAN HELP WITH YOUR VOTE—AND IN OTHER WAYS, TOO!
Cast your VOTE DAILY through Oct. 31 to help Hunger Free Colorado win the award. Then, help spread the word! Share this blog post and/or our posts on Facebook and Twitter with your family, friends and co-workers, so they can vote for us too.
Here are some sample posts and tweets that you can copy and paste for use on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+ or other social networking sites:
Facebook, LinkedIn and other sites:
- Hunger Free Colorado is one of three finalists nationwide for Bank of the West’s $50,000 Innovation in Philanthropy Award. Cast your vote daily—now through Oct. 31—to help end hunger, and then share this post! http://bit.ly/OOveXi
- Want to help make Colorado hunger-free? Choose Hunger Free Colorado to win Bank of the West’s $50,000 Innovation in Philanthropy Award. Vote daily now through Oct. 31! http://bit.ly/OOveXi
- Vote daily to end hunger! @HungerFreeCo is 1 of 3 finalists nationwide for Bank of the West’s $50k nonprofit award. http://bit.ly/OOveXi RT!
- Help @HungerFreeCo win Bank of the West’s $50,000 Philanthropy Award! Cast a vote daily thru 10/31 here –> http://bit.ly/OOveXi Pls RT!
Learn about other ways you can be a part of the solution and sign up for our email updates and alerts to get updates on our initiatives and the progress being made to end hunger in Colorado. Thanks for your support!